If you are having a 5.7 hemi throttle body problems or a dodge ram electronic throttle control problems then this is the post for you.
In this write up, I will also cover the how to fix the electronic throttle control 5.7l hemi problem and how to reset throttle body on 2004 5.7 hemi for your car.
What Does Service Throttle Control Mean in 5.7 Hemi
The service throttle control in 5.7 hemi is an indication that your vehicle throttle control system is having issue or failing. Usually your car computer is designed to go in limp mode if the computer system breaks down or malfunctions, this helps to prevent engine damage because it reduces your speed for a safer ride till the throttle control problem is fixed.
So it very important that you fix your 5.7 Hemi throttle body problems whenever you electronic throttle control problems indication on car computer system. Be sure to this post to know you it is ok to Drive With Electronic Throttle Control Light On
How to Fix the Electronic Throttle Control 5.7l Hemi
Here are four effective ways to fix the electronic throttle control 5.7 L Hemi engine.
1. Clear Rust
Once the engine throttle body has too much rust, then it might hinder the valve from having smooth movement, which will make you have the throttle failure signs. What you should do is to clear out all the rust from and inside its body.
2. You can change your Hose
Note that the throttle body works by getting a sensor from the accelerator paddle. And sometimes if any leakage in the electric connection to the throttle body will make it fail, meaning it won’t get the air in letting amount sensor.
Once this happens, you should change your hose pipe which connects the electric computer of the engine to the throttle.
3. Changing the Throttle System
Changing only the throttle body or the entire throttles assemble part most time can solve your throttle problems as well as power issues.
So changing it is not that hard. You can do it yourself or contact a mechanic.
Once you change a new throttle body, you won’t get any throttle failure signs. However, the best thing is to reset all the fault codes and your dash warning lights.
4. Resetting the Throttle System
Once you think the throttle body doesn’t have any problem, and you do not see any faults in your throttle body, but you still get the throttle failure signs, then you should reset the throttle part.
Remember that the throttle system works with the electrical connection of your engine, and this may sometimes get incorrect trouble codes in the electrical functions.
So to reset the throttle control system, what you need to do is to;
Now switch on the ignition key without starting the engine. After that, wait for a minimum of 3 seconds.
You can now press the accelerator pedal and also do press and release five times within 5 seconds.
The press the pedal again, but this time hold on pressing for around 20 seconds. You should do this till the engine light stops blinking and then stays on.
Once you do this, your resetting throttle control is done.
- Can You Get Emissions Test Done With Check Engine Light On
- What Happens if You Disconnect the Throttle Position Sensor
How to reset throttle body on 2004 5.7 Hemi
Here is how to reset the throttle body on the 2004 5.7 Hemi
Please note that timing is critical for this to work!
- 1. First, turn the ignition switch to on. Your dash gauges light. Please don’t start the engine!
- 2. Now wait 3 seconds.
- 3. You can fully depress and release the accelerator pedal 5 times within 5 seconds.
- 4. Then wait 7 to 10 seconds.
- 5. You can now fully depress your accelerator pedal for about 10 seconds. Once you do this, the check engine light will start blinking quickly which indicates the Diagnostic Test Mode II (Self-diagnostic results) has started.
- 6. Now release the accelerator pedal and then wait 5 to 10 seconds.
- 7. Then fully depress the accelerator pedal for about 10 seconds. Once this is done, the check engine light should change by blinking slowly and indicate “Erasing ECU Memory”.
- 8. You should now release the accelerator pedal and turn the ignition switch to off.
- 9. Now restart your engine. Once you do, the check engine light should be out.
Please note: Once the check engine light doesn’t blink as I describe in steps 5 & 7, then know that the throttle body on the 2004 5.7 Hemi isn’t reset.
So basically if have a 5.7 hemi throttle body problems with you vehicle, this is how to fix the electronic throttle control 5.7l hemi and how to reset throttle body on 2004 5.7 hemi.
The above are the steps can be applied to dodge ram electronic throttle control problems too to fix and reset the throttle control. I hope this article was helpful? If you find it useful, please share it.
Our reader Also Love these post:
- How to Reset Check Engine Light Dodge Caravan (Dodge Caravan Check Engine Light Codes)
- Guide on How To Pass NJ Inspection with Check Engine Light
- How to Read & Reset Check Engine Light Jeep Wrangler
- Zafira fault codes: Vauxhall Zafira engine management light reset
Hi dear, I am Gift Dennis I have been working as a Radiographer for over 8 years, but I switch my profession to what I love which is auto body part repairs and I recently got my automotive diploma last August 2020 as an auto-body repair technician. I love fitness and everything about cars, so here is where I share my expertise and experiences with those who wish to hear about them.