What does engine management light mean on Vauxhall Zafira, well in this article we are going to look at the meaning and what can cause the engine management light to come on?
Then we will process to the zafira fault codes and the vauxhall zafira engine management light reset for various years of vauxhall zafira model.
Anytime your vehicle is showing the amber engine management light symbol on your dashboard, it means your powertrain might have an issue. Sometimes this error could be due to something simple, and it could be due to something very serious too. But the important thing is to find out what the issue is and then fix it.
After solving the problem, sometimes you might find out that your amber engine management light will remain illuminated because of a glitch. If this is the case, then it’s very easy to reset the engine management light.
What does engine management light mean on Vauxhall Zafira?
Sometimes this happens when you don’t expect it, like you’re driving and a light pops up on your car dashboard. You become confused and ask, what is this? Well, what you just saw is the engine management light illuminated which is warning you of a potential issue under your car bonnet.
This engine management light happens to be one of the warning lights which is built into your car’s dashboard. The only way to see it is whenever the ignition is turned on. The connection of this light is on your car’s engine control unit (ECU). Note that this can control your fuel, air mixture, and your ignition timing for the perfect running of the engine.
Remember that your engine management light will remain on whenever your ignition is turned on, or it can turn on while you drive. This simply means there’s an issue under your car bonnet. Note that you can’t fix this yourself, which means it needs to be taken to your local mechanic.
Your mechanic will make a connection between a laptop and your vehicle’s On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) port, and then download codes via your ECU which is created whenever there is a fault. Once this happens, you will observe that different fault codes can mean different issues, which range from trivial, like a faulty sensor, and the pollution control valve which is in charge of your car’s emissions system.
- How Many Miles Can You Drive with Check Engine Light On?
- Guide on How To Pass NJ Inspection with Check Engine Light
- Vacuum Leak & Symptoms Of A Bad Brake Booster Check Valve
- How to Reset Check Engine Light Dodge Caravan
- How to Reset Electronic Throttle Control Manually Chrysler 300
What can cause the engine management light to come on
There are numerous causes or reasons why your car dashboard will display the engine management light. However one the common cause is as a result of clogged or blocked fuel pump which prevents a sufficient amount fuel to pass through from the tank to engine. Also a clogged injector, catalytic converter or even a leaky vacuum hose are what can cause the engine management light to come on when you are driving.
If you like to see our recommended car repair part and accessories, then be sure to check out this post where I list my top pick for each part and accessories for you.
You don't need waste all your time figuring out which brand to buy, the best brands handpicked for you.
Here are Common additional causes of engine management light on & each of the Zafira fault codes
Below are some causes your engine management light to be on:
- A blocked fuel pump
- A contaminated catalytic converter
- A loose filler cap
- A blocked fuel injectors
- A faulty ignition system
- A leaky vacuum hose
- A faulty exhaust gas recirculation valve (EGR
- A faulty oxygen sensor
The Zafira fault codes you should know (vauxhall zafira fault codes list)
- The P0030 Means O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-29
- The P0036 Means O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 Sensor 2) C-31
- The P0100 Means Mass or volume air flow circuit high input C-10
- The P0100 Means Mass or volume air flow circuit low input C-10
- The P0110 Means Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input C-12
- The P0110 Means Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low Input C-12
- The P0115 Means Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input C-11
- The P0115 Means Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Low Input C-11
- The P0115 Means Engine coolant temperature circuit malfunction C-11
- The P0120 Means Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Circuit 1 Voltage High C-09
- The P0120 Means Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Circuit 1 Voltage Low C-09
- The P0120 Means Throttle Position Sensor 1-2 Correlation C-09
- The P0130 Means O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-30
- The P0130 Means O2 Sensor 1 Circuit Voltage Low C-30
- The P0130 Means O2 Sensor 1 Open Circuit C-30
- The P0130 Means O2 Sensor 1 Incorrect Signal C-30
- The P0134 Means O2 Sensor Circuit Open (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-30
- The P0135 Means O2 Sensor Heater Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-29
- The P0135 Means O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-29
- The P0135 Means O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Open (Bank 1 Sensor 1) C-29
- The P0136 Means O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2) C-32
- The P0136 Means O2 Sensor 2 Circuit Voltage Low C-32
- The P0136 Means O2 Sensor 2 Open Circuit C-32
- The P0139 Means O2 Sensor 1 Incorrect Signal C-30
- The P0140 Means O2 Sensor 2 Incorrect Signal C-32
- The P0141 Means O2 Sensor Heater Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2) C-31
- The P0141 Means O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2) C-31
- The P0141 Means O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Open (Bank 1 Sensor 2) C-31
- The P0170 Means Rich Exhaust C-30
- The P0170 Means Lean Exhaust C-30
Vauxhall Zafira engine management light reset( reset service light on vauxhall zafira 2011, 2012, 2013 &2014)
How to reset spanner light on Zafira
Anytime you feel your car engine doesn’t have any problem, and the engine management light stays illuminated, note that there are some things you can do to clear it.
First, disconnect vehicle battery cables.
- The best way is to remove your vehicle’s battery cables. To do that, make use of a wrench and disconnect the negative and positive cables.
- You can now drain current. Just hold your car horn for about half a minute.
- Then wait about 15 minutes before reconnecting the battery cables again.
- Now go check the error codes to make sure it has been deleted. Once done, the engine management light will already be off. However, if find out that the light has returned, then it means there’s a problem which requires your mechanic.
Reset service light on Vauxhall Zafira 2011
Before doing this, I advise you to sit at the driver’s seat and make sure the handbrake is on and the doors closed. Please note that this process is for right-hand drive vehicles only.
- Just press and hold the trip reset button by using your left hand
- Now put your key inside the ignition
- Then turn your key to the position (II) ignition lights on engine NOT started
- Once you keep the trip reset button pressed longer, you will notice the INSP and in a while, you will see what will be displayed
- Now you can release the trip reset button after you must have turn the key to the “OFF” position.
- You can now turn the key to position (II) ignition lights on the engine NOT started.
How to reset service light on Vauxhall Zafira 2014
- Make sure your ignition is turn OFF
- Then press & hold the trip meter button
- Now turn ON your ignition
- While you hold the trip meter button, try waiting for four dashes on the display
- You can now turn OFF the ignition
- Try releasing the trip meter button little
- Finally, turn on your ignition to observe that your service light has gone off.
What to Read Next:
- How to Read & Reset Check Engine Light Jeep Wrangler
- How to Fix Trac Off and Check Engine Light Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Rav4 Check Engine Light Vsc Trac + Toyota Rav4 VSC Light Reset
- Meaning Of “Check VSC System Toyota” Light For Toyota & Lexus